Senior Health Frequently Asked Questions
In your senior years, health insurance coverage is important. The reality is that your need for medical care, dental insurance, long-term care, and income protection become more pronounced as you age and want your seniors years to be good ones. Don't let the complexities of the changing health insurance marketplace today faze you.
Custom Health Plans can help answer your health insurance questions and put you in a senior plan that meets your needs. We have more than 30 years' experience in the market. Here are some of the frequently asked questions many current and potential clients ask us:
How can someone get prescription drug coverage?
What should be considered when evaluating health plans?
- The doctors and hospitals in the provider network.
- The monthly premiums.
- The annual deductible, both individual and family.
- The copayment amounts for doctor visits, emergency room, etc.
- Any applicable coinsurance (percentage of cost you may pay for covered services).
- Annual maximum out-of-pocket limits.
Are there things like health savings accounts for seniors enrolled in Medicare?
- High-deductible health insurance plan: This is a special type of high-deductible Medicare Advantage health plan that begins to cover costs after an annual deductible is met.
- Medical Savings Account (MSA): This is a special tax-advantaged savings account that allows you to use the money to pay for health care expenses until the deductible is met.