Get yourself the coverage you need with our affordable short-term health insurance in Texas. Get a quote online today.
You Are Not Out of Options
If you missed open enrollment, it doesn’t mean you have to go without insurance until the following year. Short-term health insurance in Texas can help you fill in the gaps and protect yourself and your family in the event of unexpected medical bills. It’s also an excellent choice for people in-between jobs who need coverage or can’t afford an ACA-compliant plan.
If you are looking for the lowest rates on temporary health insurance in Texas, we can help. At Custom Health Plans, we offer all the best short-term plans at the absolute lowest rates anywhere. Fill out our online form for a quote, or contact us today to see how much you could save.
Stay Protected with Short Term Health Insurance in Texas
Sometimes life finds people in-between jobs or health care plans. In these instances, temporary health insurance in Texas is a necessity. After all, short-term coverage is safer than no coverage at all!
Custom Health Plans specializes in helping those who are uninsured or in between jobs or missed the latest open enrollment deadline to find the best short-term health insurance in Texas that meets their needs. Short-term or temporary health insurance coverage is a simple way to maintain your preventative coverage and protect you against a catastrophic event while you wait for the next opportunity for an individual or family plan from employer.
Why Would I Want Short-Term Health Insurance in Texas?
There are a number of reasons why a person may require short-term health insurance. For example, you might need it if you are waiting for another health insurance plan to start. You also might need it if you are between jobs, on strike, a seasonal employee, or a recent college graduate and know that you only require coverage for a short amount of time.
How Soon Can Short-Term Health Insurance Begin?
As long as the eligibility criteria are met, you can begin coverage the next day, provided you apply using a credit card or auto bank debit. For mailed applications, it may take a little longer.
Is a Short-Term Health Insurance Plan Considered 'Creditable Coverage' Under the Affordable Care Act?
No, short-term health insurance is not considered "creditable coverage" under the Affordable Care Act.
Will a Short-Term Health Insurance Plan Cover Prescription Drugs?
Yes, though it should be noted that there are no co-payments. With a short-term health insurance plan, you should be able to receive a negotiated discount on prescription drugs.
Does Short-Term Medical Health Insurance Include Vision and Dental Benefits?
No, it does not. This is because short-term health insurance plans are designed to protect people in the event of an unexpected injury or illness. They generally do not cover vision or dental care. However, we can also help you get great rates on vision and dental insurance so be sure to contact us if you need additional coverage.
How Do I Know if I Qualify for Short-Term Health Insurance?
Generally, as soon as you complete your application, you will be notified online whether or not you qualify. If you do not qualify, your credit card will not be charged.
If you’re left without health insurance coverage, missed open enrollment, or have a plan with high premiums and high deductibles, we have you covered. Short Term Health insurance is an affordable way to ensure you have the coverage you need to protect against unforeseen medical expenses.
Short Term Health Plans provide health insurance coverage for up to a 12 month period. This type of health insurance is highly flexible, offering a range of plan and payment options that can get you the coverage you need, tomorrow, at a fraction of the cost of a typical Obamacare plan. Use our quoting engine below to get Short Term Health insurance today, regardless of your life status:.
Benefits of Texas Short Term Health Insurance vs. Obamacare:
- About 1/2 the cost of an ACA plan and often even less!
- Keep your doctors and NO GATEKEEPERS! A Texas short term health insurance plan uses a rich nationwide PPO network, not an HMO.
- Your rates are locked in until the end of the year.
- You’re not subsidizing the rest of the healthcare system – only pay for what you need!
- Approximately 25% discount if you choose to pay using the Single Pay option when you purchase!
What is Short Term Health Insurance?
Our Short Term Health Plans offer you highly flexible insurance coverage for times when you find yourself caught in-between insurance plans. Short Term Health insurance can provide you up to $2 million of coverage, and you can start your plan in as quickly as 24 hours. Short Term Health insurance offers a solution to your long term health care needs. As such, these policies are significantly more affordable than an Obamacare plan, and can be purchased with a range of coverage terms, deductibles and payment options based on your unique life situation.
Who is Short Term Health insurance ideally for?
Short Term Health Plans are a great solution if:
- You’ve lost coverage due to a recent career or life change;
- You missed the open enrollment period and need coverage now;
- You’re a student or graduate no longer covered under your parents’ insurance;
- You’re a seasonal worker;
- You’ve retired but have to wait for Medicare eligibility;
- You’re looking for an affordable health insurance solution.
Texas Short Term Health Insurance Summed Up!
The details of a Short Term Health Plan vary case-by-case. To understand what options are available to you based on your specific needs and life situation, you will need the expert advice of a Custom Health Plans insurance advisor. For many, Short Term Health Plans are a great option since these policies essentially buy you time to secure your long term health care needs. We can help you develop a strategy for remaining covered until your long term health plan begins.
Short Term Health Insurance
If you’re seeking short-term health insurance options, there are just a few things you should know:
- The end of your plan doesn’t make you eligible for open enrollment. Keep in mind that when your short-term health plan ends, you will not automatically be able to buy a major medical health insurance plan.
- Using a short term health insurance broker in Texas could save you serious time and money. Regardless of the type of plan you’re seeking, the health insurance industry is a complex affair. This is why it’s strongly encouraged to use a specialized broker! A health insurance broker can help you select the most cost-effective plan for you and your family.
The words “short-term” might not sound like something you should apply to medical insurance. After all, everyone wants insurance that lasts. However, for many people, short term medical insurance really makes the most sense. For instance, if you are healthy, young, and don’t qualify for certain tax credits, short term insurance might fit you perfectly.
This type of plan brings several advantages. For one thing, you get to be in control of your plan; you can customize your deductible and skip over certain network restrictions. In addition, you will almost certainly save money by paying lower monthly premiums. Finally, with short term medical insurance, you can enroll immediately and purchase a plan at any time.
What do Short Term Health Plans cover?
Short Term Health Plans come in a variety of forms, offering you a choice of coverage to fit your specific insurance needs. With each plan, you select the coverage duration from 1 to 11 months, and then select a deductible that makes sense with your budget. Below you’ll find a couple of our most popular plans provided by UnitedHealthOne:
- Short Term Medical Plus: You pay the selected deductible for the term, then insurance pays 80% of the next $10,000 of coverable expenses, with you being responsible for the 20%. The insurance pays 100% of the remaining covered expenses up to $1 million.
- Short Term Medical Plus Elite: You pay the selected deductible for the term, then insurance pays 80% of next $10,000 of coverable expenses, with you being responsible for the 20%. The insurance pays 100% of remaining covered expenses up to $1.5 million. Here you’ll have the option to add an accident rider.
What is the cost of a Short Term Health Plan?
Individuals are attracted to Short Term Health Plans not just because of their flexibility, but also because of their affordability. In many situations, Short Term Health Plans can be half or two third’s the cost of an Obamacare ACA plan. This means that not only can you get Short Term Health Plans outside of Obamacare Open Enrollment periods, but you can actually find significant savings when doing so. Keep in mind, the higher the deductible the lower the premium, and vice versa. This flexibility means that Short Term Health Plans can be very inexpensive and affordable.
For more information about Short Term Health Plan quotes, please see our Frequently Asked Questions guide. To learn more about how Obamacare impacts your Short Term Health insurance, please see our educational resource.
About Short-Term Health Insurance in Texas
The Affordable Healthcare Act placed strict limits on when people could purchase health insurance, with severely limited options outside of open enrollment. Fortunately, Texas allows you to still purchase short-term health insurance to protect yourself outside of this period.
While short-term plans aren’t required to offer all the features that an ACA-compliant plan offers, it still gives you a safety net if you can’t access or can’t afford an ACA-compliant plan. At Custom Health Plans, we can help you navigate this process and adjust your coverage as your needs change.
Things to Consider When Shopping for Short-Term Health Insurance
Like any insurance plan, there are several things to think about when shopping for short-term health insurance in Texas. You’ll want to consider the following:
- Monthly deductibles. Short-term insurance can be an affordable option for those who can’t afford regular health insurance or need insurance outside open enrollment.
- Your overall health. Since short-term health insurance covers less, it might not be ideal for people with chronic illnesses.
- The overall cost of the plan. You will want to factor in the plan’s deductibles, co-pays, and other details to determine the overall cost.
- Length of coverage. Short-term health insurance typically lasts less than a year but can be extended.
How to Get the Most Affordable Short-Term Health Insurance in Texas
Step 1: Get a Quote
All you have to do to begin is enter your information online, and you’ll get a quote immediately.
Step 2: Compare Plans
We can help you compare plans side by side to determine which is best for you and your family.
Step 3: Get Covered
After you pick a plan, we’ll help you set it up and start your coverage immediately. Contact us today to begin.
Why Choose Custom Health Plans?
At Custom Health Plans, our customers are our top priority. We are here to ensure they have the coverage they need to protect their families, regardless of their budget or the time of year they are applying. We’ll work closely with you to ensure all your needs are met while helping you stay within your budget.
Find Out if Short-Term Health Insurance Is Right for You
You don’t have to wait for open enrollment to get health insurance. Contact us to get a quote on short-term health insurance in Texas today.