In your senior years, insurance coverage is important. The needs for medical, dental, long-term care and income protection are critical as you age. You need straightforward support and answers to navigate through the complexities of today’s senior care marketplace.
There is a variety of senior health insurance options available that will help you meet your specific financial and benefit level requirements. Contact us today to get expert advice about which senior insurance option is right for you, or compare senior health insurance quotes right now to get started.
What are my Medicare Options?
In health care alone, there are lots of options to consider in a marketplace going through tremendous change. Choosing among health insurance plans can be a daunting task. There is a lot to filter through and answers to get about important coverage questions:
- If you are Medicare-eligible, do you understand the A, B, Cs and Ds of Medicare plans?
- How much can you comfortably spend on health care coverage? A realistic assessment will help you find a plan with affordable premiums, deductibles and copayments.
- What about emergency room care? What will that cost if a life situation occurs?
- Is there a doctor group or hospital that is important to you? You need a plan that offers the right network of doctors.
- Are there prescriptions you need to make sure will be affordable in the future?
- What coverage, if any, will you have when you travel?
To help determine which senior health insurance plan is right for you, please see our Medicare Plan guide.
What should be considered when evaluating health plans?
- The doctors and hospitals are in the provider network.
- The monthly premiums.
- The annual deductible, both individual and family.
- The copayment amounts for doctor visits, emergency room, etc.
- Any applicable coinsurance (percentage of cost you may pay for covered services).
- Annual maximum out-of-pocket limits.
Why consider a Medicare Advantage Plan?
Medicare Advantage Plans are comparable to the managed care health maintenance organizations and preferred provider organization plans you may have had while working. They include Medicare Plan B outpatient and doctor visit services as well as parts from original Medicare, like emergency and urgently needed care. Most include prescription drug coverage (Medicare Part D). In addition, some Medicare Advantage Plans offer coverage for vision, dental, hearing and/or wellness programs. Finally, it is important to remember that Medicare Advantage Plans also cover hospitalization needs.
Learn more about the various Medicare plans available using our Medicare Plan guide.
For more information about Senior Health Insurance, please see our Frequently Asked Questions section. If you want to learn more about how Obamacare has impacted Senior Health, please see our educational guide.
We can help you sort through the maze of the changing health care market, Medicare and other options to get the senior health plan that best meets your needs. Contact us today!